Monday, December 5, 2011

Insights...

There is so much to update! We moved from the Village & haven't had the internet until recently, so there is much to do. Stay tuned for pics & other joyous stuff! For now, I just wanted to be a little introspective.

This move has been hard on me. Probably harder on me than it should have been. I knew it was coming, I knew there would be changes, but I think I resisted it. I have been thinking a lot about the power one individual can have to change those around him/her and how that effects that individual. I started out trying to meet people in our new place, but feeling horribly awkward and out of my element. Eric seemed to take it all in stride, but I was just annoyed by people around me which didn't really encourage me to break out of my selfish coma to see what surrounded me. I just kept complaining about things and closing myself off more than I should have. I don't remember exactly what kicked me out of this state, but something did. Probably someone who showed a bit of extra kindness and interest. Or I probably reached my "low" and got sick of it finally.

Anyway, my point is that now, after I've wasted a whole lot of time (as far as meeting others and serving others goes, although it was a good introspection time for me), I'm finally getting accustomed to life outside the village, in a regular ward, with my husband working a regular job, doing the somewhat monotonous things I do everyday with the challenges and rewards I enjoy every day. And really, life's as good as you make it. It really is! And I have nothing to complain about; I've been blessed with so much! If you want to know more, ask me. I'll probably tell you.

1 comment:

  1. Jacquie - I didn't know you had a blog! How fun! I loved the pictures from Otto's 2nd birthday (I know, I'm a little late) and I loved reading your insights from your last blog. You're such a good person and a great inspiration to me. We miss you guys like crazy and we DO need to skype soon. James takes his last final this Wednesday and then we're good any day or time after that. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete